Wednesday, March 12, 2008

DRAMA!!

So, I'm in this play, right? It's the local dinner theater, and we're performing in a festival/competition too. Our first performance in front of an audience is in 6 days. SIX DAYS. And. AND. There is a person, in the play, who still, STILLLL does not know her lines. Hardly at all. At rehearsal today, she actually could not remember her characters name. She introduced herself (in CHARACTER) with another characters name. I could puke. I could just puke.

That is all.

(oh, and it's not me. I know all my lines.)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oh dear.
in high school, our drama teacher was all about encouraging people. so she gave this one, completely dislexic girl, a part with a ton of lines. (she was the understudy)

she only did one performance. halfway through act one, she jumped her lines and took us to act three. Then back to act two. the rest of us had to make up lines to get us back on track.

but it actually ended up being great since apparantly it came off as very natural and spontaneous. hee.

I hope she buckles down. cause... geez.

Goody said...

Oh, it's improv. Fun.

Emmett said...

Ha! Be prepared to improvise. Thankfully you've got more training in that then everyone else in your theater group combined.

Before resorting to that, however, I suggest you take the woman out behind the shed and beat the crap out of her as a warning. You live in rural Saskatchewan, right?

Jenn said...

The worst part of the whole thing is that she's got the smallest part in the play, but it's really important. The play is very character driven, and each of us has a point where it's really just about us. We can't even cover for her without just skipping her scene entirely.

Emmet, I have seriously considered taking her out back and kicking some sense into her head, but unfortunately she is much bigger and scarier than I am.