Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Alphabet Song

Me: Mary, why don't you sing the Alphabet Song?

Mary (musically): A, B, A, B, A, C, U, Something (she actually said "something"), A, (mumbles), U, V, Mary, Frances, Twinkle, Twinkle, Prubble, Monster, P, R, Alphabet, Whale, 2, 3, 1, A, B, ZED!

Me: ...

Mary got a harmonica as a party favor from her friends birthday party. We have become a musical house. She stole an empty plastic container, a wooden spoon and a rattle and along with the harmonica, she puts on shows for me. She's a multitalented girl, her shows include all her musical instruments as well as singing and dancing....and she always bows and says "thank you, thank you" when the show is over.

Of course between tantrums and just general whining it seems I rarely get to see that side of her...

I'm off to the doctor tomorrow for an interesting appointment. I have all but convinced myself (thank you internets!) that I am diabetic, now I just need the doctor to confirm the sad facts. Mary will be spending the day with the local babysitter lady, which should be interesting for both her and me. Frances will come with me to the doctor and mall, It will be nice for me to spend some time alone with the younger child for once.

1 comment:

Raven said...

That alphabet song is terribly cute. Yet another reason not to toss her in the snowbank!

I hope things go well with the Dr's appointment, and that if you /are/ diabetic, that it can be easily controlled (you're thinking type II diabetes, right?)

Please let us know how it went!