Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ouch

Three is kicking my ass. I hate three. I would like two back now please. How can a child change so much in a month? Was she always like this, or has something changed overnight? She's crabby, contrary, bossy, and occasionally downright mean. I ask her if she wants something and without fail she says no, until I put it away or stop asking or just say fine. Then she wants it. She needs it. She shrieks for it. No matter what I suggest, no matter what I do, it's wrong. I am often told to "Go away!" I still see glimpses of my sweet girl, giving me cuddles, playing with Frances, begging me for kisses....but it's happening less and less often. Please, tell me it gets better. Please tell me my only hope isn't to wring her neck and run away to Guatemala. Please?

PLEASE??

3 comments:

Goody said...

Oh yeah, three is a joy. I like the stomping up and down screaming "I don't want to have the curtains open." I close the curtains. "I don't want the curtains closed."
Waaaa, waaaa, waaaaa.

This morning I was told,
"I want a new mama, mine is broken and tired."

Ain't that the truth.

Emmett said...

Child. Snowbank. Made for each other. You had it right the first time, I'm only sayin'. ;)

James said...

Three goes away, I think. At least, it did for Kale.

Jasen, on the other hand, has been three for the last decade or so.