Monday, May 02, 2005

Four months

Wow. Mary passed the 4 month milestone this weekend. It is hard to believe that she has only been a part of her life for that long, I just cant imagine what life was like without her. I do suspect the house was much cleaner though.

Last week Mary started to laugh. It was absolutely wonderful. Ian was sitting there, being an ass, and her smile got so big, I guess she had to verbalize. Ian kept her laughing for about 15 minutes, basically by yelling "ahhhh!" in her face over and over again. The next time she laughed was after I changed her diaper. I had to shriek "bouncy bouncy!" while bouncing her up and down on the bed. It's hard work making that kid laugh.

She also stepped up her food consumption. Before, she ate about 30 ounces of formula a day, which is a respectable amount. Now, she is at around 45! I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but formula is expensive stuff! So yesterday, I started to give her rice cereal once a day. Every time I shoved the spoon into her mouth, she would give me this look of pure betrayal, and spit it out. After trying a few hundred times, she eventually started to understand the whole process, and only about 50% of the cereal ended up on her face. I have some cute pictures, if I ever get around to getting that Picasa thing, I shall post them here.

Anyways, other than baby stuff, the weekend was good. I managed to pass on my stomach bug to Ian in time for Purgatory, I felt fine, but he was hurting hardcore. The game went well enough, it was interesting, and I listened in on all sorts of conversations. I still miss Bridget desperately, but I am really starting to get into this new character. I think it might be cool to carry her over to the Victorian era, if she lives, she does have a lot of problems that need to be dealt with pretty quick, or she wont.

No comments: