Monday, July 16, 2007

Date Night

Saturday night Ian and I got out all by ourselves. No children at all! From 2 in the afternoon till around 9 that night we were childless and happy. We went to a movie, The Transformers (awesome!) and then we spent far too much money for our supper at the Keg. It was a fantastic evening. Mary spent the night at Dad's place, and we took Frances home. It was an okay night, she woke us up twice, but went right back to sleep after being fed. Then Sunday morning we went to church and met up with my dad and Mary. Church was nice too, I've known most of the people there since I was Marys age, so we hardly saw either of the girls for the entire service.

Dealing with Frances has been challenging, but we are doing all right. I've found a few things that seem to work to calm her down when she's being really miserable. It's still hard, but thankfully she saves the most awful times for when we are awake anyways. Swaddling is an amazing thing, when Frances gets really bad I just wrap her up as tight as I can, and it's like I pushed an "off" button. The screaming stops, and within 15 minutes usually she's asleep. My only problem with swaddling her is that it is SO stinking hot here that I feel bad for her. She doesn't seem to mind though, so I guess I'll just stop worrying.

No comments: