Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fainting Fun and Hospital Hijinks

What a fantastic day. I wish there was some way to show dripping sarcasm through typing.

I woke up this morning with the best intentions. We have a couple of real estate agents coming over on Sunday to tell us how much they think we can sell our wee dump for (Ian says 210 thou, I'm more conservative at 180) and we want to get the house presentable for them. I made up a "to do" list for both Ian and I, things to do every day.

Shortly before nine as I was reading my blogs and eating my breakfast, I got that feeling. I knew I was going to faint. So I stood up (cause that makes sense, right?) to get to the couch. I didn't make it, and woke up on my back, hands and feet tingling, head pounding, four cats staring at me in concern and Mary ignoring me. It took some coaxing, but I managed to convince my heartless child to bring me the phone, and I phoned Ian and my Dr's office. When I was able to get up, I made my way to bed, and dozed there off and on all morning while Mary watched TV and occasionally came to cuddle with me and tell me what she was watching (Bear! roar. Duck. Quack quack! Chicken. Snake. Owl!! hoot hoot). My Dr finally called me back around noon, and told me to get in to the hospital, so I called Ian, and he came to take me there.

We got to the hospital shortly after 1. I sat there waiting, and was finally acknowledged and spoken too by a nurse at 2:30. At 3 I was given a room and hooked up to the fetal monitor. The Doctor came to see me at 5. I got home at 9. The good news is that the baby is fantastically healthy as far as they can tell. The bad news is that I wasted 8 hours of my life and dragged Ian home from work so that once again he was not making any money, and they have no idea what's going on. Not to mention that I sucked up a room in the very busy labour and delivery ward completely unnecessarily.

It sounds like Ian and Mary had a nice time together though, which is nice. They went for a long walk, well, about 6 blocks or so. Mary told him all sorts of things (Car! Bus! Truck! Owl, hoot hoot). They visited some good friends of ours who Mary did not trust, though by that point she was awfully tired. They watched her Little Bear DVD 3 times in a row, each time it ended Ian tells me she would demand "Bear again! Please." He also tells me that a little later in the day she started demanding to see me, which makes me feel awfully good, though I suspect he's making that part up.

Anyways, tomorrow I have a great deal of work around the house to do, in spite of being told to take it easy by the Doctor. I can't take it easy right now, I don't have the time, and even if I didn't have stuff to do, there is very little easy about spending my day with a wonderful and energetic 2 year old. So...wish me luck, and wish us luck with our home assessments on Sunday!

1 comment:

Kristeen said...

Wow chickie! I really hope they find out soon what's going on with these fainting spells. It must be awfully worrysome for y'all.