Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Updatish

It seems that the Ford Taurus is well known for the exact problem we had with ours this morning. In fact, there is a recall because of this problem on several Taurus models, 2001 models and older to be exact. We are completely and utterly out of luck, as our car is a 2002 model. I looked online and was amazed by the number of people complaining of this problem in their 2002 models. I phoned Taurus, and spoke to a friendly fellow named Joe, who after a lot of typing in his computer and a phone call to our dealership (which Ian had already called) told me that there is nothing at all to be done, we are stuck to fix the problem without any help. I called Transport Canada to lodge a complaint, but they're closed right now because of time differences. I'll call again tomorrow. Even if we don't get any assistance fixing our car, I want to make sure that a lot of people know that I'm very unhappy.

Mary stripped during her "nap time" today. Shirt, pants, socks and diaper. Then she pissed all over her bedroom floor, chair, stuffed animals and bed. Yippee. Good thing she's so cute.

2 comments:

Emmett said...

It sounds like you are having a very bad day. :(

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Please don't be afraid to ask.

Anonymous said...

I had me an idea, but I'll need help (and if I'm out of line for even suggesting it, tell me to piss off). I have a number of items of the antique and collectible variety that I no longer need (look, no one NEEDS Hummels-people inherit this crap and then keep it boxed up for years trying to figure out what to do with them). If anyone of Jenn's friends has an Ebay or other auction account and would like to set them up for sale and send along the proceeds as a sort of "fix the car" fundraiser-please contact me at cornmotherne@yahoo.com

(It is not "charity" Jenn, you'd be doing me a tremendous favour by helping me unburden myself of these awful little porcelains and "collector's plates" (oh dear God they're hideous) of my Mum's that I've been hanging on to since she died in 1992).

I mean don't get your hopes up-I doubt very much we could raise $1,000. quickly, but what the heck, you never know. At the very least, you might be able to buy groceries for a couple months.

Believe me-it isn't anything you guys are "doing wrong." I don't know anyone (really) that can do more than scrape by. I realise that might not make you feel any better...so let's try to get the car fixed!

And if I'm out of line, really I apologise-it was all I could think of.