Sunday, April 17, 2005

The weekend so far

Well, so far my weekend has been mostly enjoyable, which is great, although weekends mean very little to me now. What is the difference between a Saturday and a Wednesday in baby jail?

Anyways, Friday was a lot of fun. Ian and I went over to Shelly's place, and along with a few other people we played Cranium, which Jackie and Ryan won, and Shelly and Zac lost (They were at a bit of a disadvantage, Zac is only 7). After that we played Settlers of Catan. I must admit, I was a little leery at first, I'm not a fan of strategy games, they tend to make me loose my temper...I soon discovered that Settlers of Catan ROCKS! I have to figure out how to get Shelly to invite us over to play that game more often!

Saturday night the Titanic sunk. Iain and Val put a tonne of work into the production, as I expected. I went in the afternoon to help with the setup, and they were pretty much done. They knew I was coming so had kindly saved me one little task so I was able to feel helpful. The actual dinner was fabulous. The food was fantastic, and Iain and Val actually got to sit down and eat! That being said, I didn't have a lot of fun, though it had nothing to do with the production itself. We should have never brought the baby (duh). Ian was busy, so I was desperately lonely, a little bored, and stressed right out about Mary. I was terrified that she would make noise, and when she did, I was frightfully embarrassed. It would have been easier if I had a little help, but Ian was playing his character. I hardly got to see him let alone speak with him all night long. I've learned my lesson though, next time, I'll just stay home with the baby. All in all, Mary was amazingly well behaved, but I was pretty stressed, and couldn't enjoy myself anyways.

Today I slept in, Ian doesn't work, so he was kind enough to get up with Mary. I think this afternoon we may go to West Edmonton mall, but I think the more likely thing is laundry, dishes, and raking the lawn.

No comments: