Today was a day for accidents.
Mary was playing with Jonah today, they were both full of energy and craziness. She tripped over something on the floor and landed flat on her face on the hardwood floor. The screaming was loud and painful to my ears. After I calmed her down, I noticed that her nose was bleeding, poor thing. I must say, it's extremely dificult to clean the nose of a squirmy, excited, happy, full of energy toddler. It's like wrestling a greased pig.
Tonight when I was "cooking" my supper (putting a frozen pizza into a pre-heated oven) I burned my arm on the inside of the oven door. I actually held my arm there for a few seconds, not realizing that I was cooking myself, before I flung the pizza to the ground and lept back. I have a huge raised red welt on my forearm now, and it hurts like a son of a bitch. Thanfully Rob and Scott were very good nurses, and when I got to their place for D&D they got sick of my whimpering and provided me with both ice and aloe vera lotion. It's still a nasty burn, but it no longer hurts so badly that I want to vomit. I recently quit cooking except for frozen things that can be heated up in the oven or microwave (I really am a terrible, terrible cook) and now I think I may have to quit with the oven too.