Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sisters





Things are going well with our little family. Mary is still feeling a little put out, but she doesn't take it out on Frances. She's incredibly gentle with the baby, gives her kisses and loves to hold her. She takes her diaper change assistant duties very seriously and she makes sure to let us know every time that Frances cries.

Frances is sleeping well at night (please don't let me jinx it), only waking us up twice through the night to have a bite to eat. I'm working hard to wake her regularly during the day, and she seems to have her most alert times in the late afternoon and early evening, which is FAR better than at 2 am like Mary's was.

Breast feeding is going well. I make enough milk to feed an army of starving babies. I suppose that's good, but man my boobs hurt all the time. They're like giant, hard, milk filled basketballs on my chest.

Ian goes back to work on Monday, I'm kind of dreading not having him around. He's a great help, especially when Mary needs some extra attention and I'm busy feeding Frances. Hopefully things will continue to go well once he's back at work.

We are off to look at another house this afternoon in a town called Earl Grey, about 40 minutes north of Regina. Hopefully this one will work out, I really can't wait to get out of this apartment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't move to Earl Grey-the place reeks in bergamot oil...

-but if you do, it's sort of predictable what everyone will be sending as housewarming gifts.

Those are very cute pictures.

Unknown said...

Those pictures are adorable!

In the first one it looks like Mary is screaming "I'M A STAR!!" and Frances is saying "don't look, I'm nekkid!"

I'm so glad that things are going well with the girls! Good luck with the house!