Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Let it snow...

I swear if this heat wave continues, I am going to melt away to a nasty little puddle on the floor. For the last several days now the temperature has been around 30 degrees or higher, and I can't bloody take it any more! I'm hot, I'm sweaty, I'm miserable, I can't sleep...and Mary is the same, which doubles my misery. Last night at midnight, it was still 31 degrees in the house. This morning, it's 29. I'm really hoping for snow, or at the very least a nice thunderstorm to cool things down a wee bit.

I had an okay weekend. I was house and dog sitting for the people I babysit for. They have a GIANT puppy named Isis, who is very sweet, but doesn't realize that she weighs more than most small adults. Their cat, Blues, is an outdoor cat. He escaped my first day, and didn't return till about 26 hours later. By time he came back, I was certain that I'd have to tell T & N that I lost their cat, and I was frantic. He of course looked at me like he'd been stting by the door the whole time, and where had I been?

Purgatory was on Friday night, and as always it was a blast. My character had been up to all sorts of no good in the down time (as usual), and continued the no good into the game. I just love my evil, doll lovin little girl in that game, she's fun to play, and it's SO easy to get into trouble.

Canada Day was okay. I went to visit G & K to watch a terrible football game. The Edmonton Eskimo's were absolutely whopped by the Montreal Alouettes. It was very boring and disappointing to watch. After the game was done Mary and I headed back to the house, Mary went to bed, and I availed myself of the X-Box, and played a Lord of the Rings game obsessively till I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was moping a wee bit because the Paradise Lost game was going on that day, followed by a great party out at the cabin, and I wasn't able to go. Much fun and debauchery was missed out on by me...but maybe next year I'll get to go.

Other than that, things are quiet, much the same as ever. I could go into my emotional state, but I'm not going too. Suffice it to say, I'm just about done with being a single parent, I'm desperately lonely, and it doesn't look to be changing any time soon.

Oh, and I'm praying for snow...

1 comment:

Emmett said...

Don't you have a basement to get away to? If not, you know, you could hang out in ours. You could even bring Mary -- hang out in our cool basement, maybe watch a DVD on the Big TV and chat about Purgatory. If you're up for it and need to get away from the heat for an evening, give me a call.