Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Anarchy!

The government has fallen! There's rioting in the streets! Cars are burning, windows smashed...I'm going to go out looting with Mary later on today!

Not really. The government has been disolved thanks to the manouvering of some seriously unlikely bedfellows in Canadian politics. Who would have thought that the Tories, the Pinko NDP (as my father calls them) and the Seperatists would get together and agree on anything. To be honest, the whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We will be having an election in January (great idea guys! Lets have an election at the time of year when you can get frostbite from being outside for half a second. That'll help with voter turn-out!) and I suspect the outcome won't be much different than the government that was just disolved. So, we the taxpayers will be paying millions of dollars for an election that we don't want, don't need, and won't change anything. Yay.

You know, I've always been a supporter of the NDP, but after this little display with the Tories...I just don't know if I can stomach supporting them any more. My biggest fear is that we will end up with the Conservatives in power, and then we will have that evil robot for a Prime Minister (look at a picture of Stephen Harper, and you'll understand).

In other news...um. Well, not alot is going on here, life as usual. Mary slept from 8 last night to 10 this morning. The Christmas tree has not been knocked over yet. It's snowing out...poor Ian, working outside. Mary and I start to volunteer with the Salvation Army on Thursday. Hmm. That's really all I can think of right now.

No comments: