Friday, November 04, 2005

Conversations

So, last night I went to bed a little while after Ian did. Here is the conversation that we had...

Me: Hey, you asleep?

Ian: Nope.

Me: Well, I have to go to L & C's place on Saturday afternoon before the game.

Ian: Okay.

Me: They live on Bellamy Hill.

Ian: Heh. That's funny.

Me: Funny? Why?

Ian: We know a whole pile of people who live on Bellamy Hill.

Me: We do? Who?

Ian: Um...well...You know, people have pretty strict regulations, for their stuff.

Me: What?

Ian: I don't know. The city, it doesn't let just anyone, they have strict regulations. I lost my train of thought.

Me: What the hell are you talking about??

Ian: Well, the ceilings, they need steel supports. The steel supports are very important.

Me (finally cluing in, and giggling): Ah. Steel supports, eh?

Ian: Yeah, the ceilings need steel supports.

Me (Kicking Ian): You aren't awake, are you??

Ian: Huh? What?

It was extremely amusing, once I realised what the hell was going on. Of course, her rolled over and went back to sleep. Cori says that you can't die of insomnia, but I'm starting to believe otherwise.

In other news, Mary crawled up to me yesterday, pulled herself up on my knees, and said as clear as a bell "Up!" I swear to God, she said it. I got all excited, and tried to get her to say it again, and she has so far refused. Sigh.

No comments: