Thursday, September 22, 2005

Random Thoughts

Well, I haven't had much to say lately, cause, well...there just isn't much going on in my world. Mary is still teething, she now has 3 teeth, and is working on a fourth. She is a bit happier lately though, which is nice. She's been sleeping through the night, crawling all over the place, and yelling at the cats.

I haven't done much at all. I started working on a needlepoint project, I intend to make Mary a stocking. I started last night, and just discovered an error that I made. damn it. I am learning that I am not at all as angry a needlepointer as I am a knitter, so this may be the hobby I stick with for now. I figure that if I just do christmas stuff all year round, I should have enough gifts for a couple of people next christmas.

Um. What else. Well...I have been trying not to watch as much TV lately, but it's tough. I enjoy having the tv on while I do other stuff, just for the background noise. I am thinking that I may have to discover talk radio. When I lived in Indian head, I listened to CBC1 all the time, but I don't really want to turn to that station during the lock-out. We do have lots of cd's and I enjoy listening to music, but sometimes I like to hear voices speaking. I get kind of lonely at times, and it's nice to pretend that the house is full of people.

I have been a little lonely lately, I'm not sure why, but all the people who used to stay at home during the day seem to have disapeared. I could always wander down the street to visit V&I, but they are busy people. Oh! I joined the community league the other day. I'm not really sure what that will do for me, but I can go to meetings, and when I finally start taking courses through them they will be very cheap. If I skated, I could go skating this winter at their rink for free, but I don't know how to skate, and I'm not sure that I am willing to learn. They also have a swimming pool, but it is outdoor, and the season for that is over.

It is definately fall now. I drove through the River Valley and it's beautiful right now, all yellow and red and orange. It kind of makes me sad though, I'm not terribly fond of winter, I don't mind a little snow, and I am not a fan of hot weather, but I'm really not looking forward to -30 degree cold. Also, last winter I was very very pregnant, and radiating heat like nothing else, so our natural gas bill was very very low. This winter will be diferent though, I'm already cold. I do try to keep it in prespective though, at least I have a roof over my head, alot of people in this neighbourhood don't. Possibly there is something that I can do this year, I'm not really sure what, but there has to be something, right?

Wow, Degrassi has been on tv for 25 years. Can you believe it? I remember watching that show when I was little, I loved it, and I had a crush on Joey.

Well, I think it is time to put Miss Mary into bed for a nap, and try to repair the error that I made (already) in her stocking. Wish me luck!

No comments: