Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Serenity and Pumpkin Pie

Well, after a long weekend in Regina, we are finally back home. The weekend went relatively well all in all, and the Turkey was absolutely fantastic.

We left Edmonton on Thursday afternoon, and except for a couple of pit stops in Lloyd and Saskatoon, she slept the entire way. It made for a nice quiet and calm drive, but a crummy night. Mary has started to shun sleeping anywhere but her own bed, so the entire weekend lacked sleep for both Ian and I, by time we got home, I was exhausted and very very cranky.

On Friday my dad took us out to the Ethiopian restaurant for lunch, and let me tell you, it was some of the best Ethiopian food that I have ever tasted, much much better than the Blue Nile here in Edmonton. After that, Ian insisted on going to the RCMP museum. Some of you may not know that the RCMP training accademy is in Regina. I did not want to go to the museum, I've been there about 500 times. Every time anyone from out of town came to visit us when I was growing up, we dragged them to that museum, every single time. But Ian wanted to go, so we went. It was as boring as I remember, in fact, I dont think it has changed in about 25 years.


Saturday we left the baby with my dad and his wife, and went off to enjoy Regina. We went out for lunch to a pub, and then we went and saw Serenity. What can I say, that movie was absolutely fantastic. I loved it, and I want to see it again. After that, we went off to the mall, and Ian got his hair cut. Saturday night my father and I went to the symphony, which was great fun.

Saturday night Mary was up. All. Night. Long. So, we did not end up going to church Sunday morning, which was too bad. We had a fabulous supper, my Dad's turkey was great, as usual. So nice, and not dry at all. Emmett has said that he isn't fond of turkey because he finds it dry, but he has not had my fathers Turkey, it is anything but dry. Mmm. Mary loved my pumpkin pie, and ended up eating alot of it off of my plate.

The drive back on Monday went well, Mary was awake for the last half of it, so she slept pretty well last night. She did have an alarming poo, which I attribute to the pumpkin pie. Wow. It was spectacular really, we were lucky that it didnt escape the diaper.

I was surprised to turn on the news last night and see what is happening in Asia. I felt a little bad that while I was stuffing myself with turkey, brussles sprouts and pumpkin pie I had no idea what was going on anywhere else in the world. It's pretty horifying, and it got me thinking about how thanful I am to live in the middle of the prairies. It got me wondering if Canada is due for some sort of horrible disaster, and if we are, what will it be? Anyways, that kept me awake for a long time last night. I decided that it will likely happen on the west coast, which did not comfort me alot, most of my family lives in Vancouver and Vancouver Island. So I started worrying about them, I'm a real worrier.

No comments: