Friday, October 21, 2005

Squak

Yesterday my mother phoned me about 32 times (yes, I'm exaggerating, but not much). It turns out that WestJet is having a seat sale, and Mum is tired of waiting for me to be able to afford to fly out to visit her. So...she bought Mary and I a plane ticket to go visit her! Whee! I'm very excited about it, I can't wait to see my Mum, the last time she saw Mary was at her baptism in march. My little brother hasn't met Mary yet, and I have several cousins, aunts and uncles who live in Vancouver. On top of it all, I love Vancouver. I love it I love it I love it. It's the best place in the world. I will go to Lonsdale Quay, and Granville Island. Mary and I will walk in Stanley Park, and feed the squirrels. Squee! I'm giddy.

In other news, Miss Mary has indeed lost her voice. This afternoon the only sounds she has made is a deep croak, or a high pitched squeak. It would be funny if it were not so pathetic, and I didn't feel so bad for the poor little critter.

Tonight is the Purgatory party at V&I's place. I'm looking forward to it, but I suspect that we won't be able to stay very long, which is too bad. Things sure have changed since Mary came, and you know, sometimes I miss the life we had before, the late nights and lack of responsibilities...but really, I just can't imagine going back to that. I certainly don't resent her, although I was afraid that I would when I was pregnant. She just brings so much joy into my life, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

No comments: