Friday, October 14, 2005

Yeah, Right.

So, I got a phone call today, someone else offering Ian a job. As he works all day, I thought I would gather the particulars for him, and see if he is interested. Yeah, right. At first it sounded right up his alley, basically, the job is going around from construction site to construction site, maintaining, greasing and changing the oil of the work trucks there. It pays $17/hour. He would start at 5 am(!!) every morning, and end around 7 every night. I asked if it was a monday to friday thing...nope, it is 7 days a week, 14 hours a day. The woman I spoke too said that they sometimes get every second sunday off. Um. Right. How the hell do they get people to actually work that?? I mean, if he did work that he may as well be out of town, right? Anyways, I took the information, and I think that Ian and I will have a good laugh about it when he gets home.

It seems that my happy housewifedom has come to an end, defeated by the bathroom. It's amazing that such a tiny (and really, my bathroom is SMALL) room can be so daunting. I go in there with the best intentions, look around and all my intentions fly out the window, and I think that I'd rather invite the girls over for bridge. But I don't play bridge, and I don't know alot of girls. So I just go sit on the couch and do some needlepoint. Maybe if I wore high heels, did my hair, and got a pretty little apron it would be easier?

I would like to thank Goody for her show of screen door solidarity. It is always nice to know that I am not alone in the world.

No comments: