Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Birds!

 


The Waxwings have come! Every year around this time huge flocks of Cedar Waxwings decend on Edmonton, and they always come to our yard. This picture is a shot of the Rowan (Mountain Ash) tree in my front yard, and the birds just love it. They sit in the tree, stuffing themselves silly on those orange berries and driving the cats bonkers. Then they crap orange berries all over the car. This morning every tree on my street was full of the birds, and their singing echoed everywhere. I wish I could have gotten a better picture, they really are beautiful birds, but when I went outside they all flew away. The sound of hundreds of wings beating all at once is really quite amazing. I hope they come back soon! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenn said...

They usually hang around for a week or so, but they haven't come back yet, so they're likely terrorizing some other neighbourhood in the city.