Friday, January 13, 2006

Don't tell me what the poets are doing, those Himalayas of the mind.

I just have to say one thing. The other day, Ian and I went shopping (mostly window shopping, we're broke) and I found the new two disk Tragically Hip greatest hits album for $13.99. $13.99!! Can you believe it?? I couldn't. Although we were broke, I turned on the siren of frustration till Ian gave in and let me buy it. I've been listening to nothing else since, and I'm still not sick of it. I LOVE the Hip, I must say. Ever since I grew out of that nasty New Kids on the Block phase I went through, the Hip have been my constant companions, and I've seen them live several times. This new album has all my favourites, plus some of the newer stuff that I haven't had a chance to fall in love with, hence the name "Yer Favourites."

Oh! Also! My baby is so smart! Today I was cuddling her (mostly against her will) and I mentioned something about having an itchy nose...so she shoved her finger up my nose. I was curious about it, so I said "Mary, where is Mummy's nose?" and she did it again. Then I asked her about my eyes, ears, mouth, and nose again, and she pointed to all of them! Where did she learn that? Not from me, I've been too busy singing along with the Hip and playing Urban Dead online to spend any time with my child.

No comments: