Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Roller Coaster

I am an emotional mess right now. Seriously. Between the excitement of finding a home we loved in Saskatchewan, the exhaustion involved in finding said house, the disappointment of the deal falling through....and now the fact that we have in fact sold our house in Edmonton with signed contracts and everything getting to the lawyer today, well, I'm not dealing with life very well. I weep at the drop of a hat, and let me tell you, hats are dropping everywhere. I can't watch anything on tv other than Mary's shows, and even those cause the occasional tear to slip free. Yeesh.

So, here's the latest news. As I mentioned above, the contract has been signed by all parties on the sale of our house, and it is at the lawyers place right now. Ian spent most of the day running around getting things done at the lawyer, bank, and with the people who are buying the house. I stayed at home with my crabby toddler, my leaking boobs, my sore throat, and trying not to bawl. Anyways, that means that we are very close to having our house officially sold. The current plan is to rent something in Regina for the beginning of May, even though the house deal will not go through till mid may. That way we have somewhere to live in Regina for a few months so we can find somewhere to live. We have to sign a 4 month lease, which is not a terrible thing. That also means that we will have somewhere to live and if we find a house we like we can take August posession, and have plenty of time to move in at our own pace. I am not excited though, I haven't the energy to get excited. I certainly haven't got it in me to deal with the disappointment if I do get excited and this deal falls through too. So, I will be excited when we get the money for the house from the lawyer and I see our bank account balance shoot up like we won the lottery.

In other, non house related news, have I mentioned how cute my daughter is? Yesterday I had an appointment with my Doctor, and I had to take her with me. She was a bit of a wild woman in the waiting room, but thankfully we only had a 10 minute wait, and that's cause I was early. She was very good when the Dr came in, and charmed him by saying hello about seven hundred times and just looking cute. That all changed when he got me up on the table to poke at my belly. Mary got very upset and started crying when I lay down on the bed, and came to my side weeping. I tried to comfort her and talk to her, but she was having none of it. As far as she was concerned the man in the white coat was doing something horrible to her Mummy, and she needed to do something about it. So when the Doctor got the doppler out to listen to the baby's heartbeat, Mary hit him! I shouldn't laugh, and I at the time I was pretty mortified, but it was awfully sweet that she was so worried about me. And this from the child who couldn't have cared less when I fell down and wacked my poor head.