Monday, April 02, 2007

Seasons

Well, that was the quickest spring I've ever seen. Last week was stunningly beautiful around here, almost all the snow melted, the sun shone (except for a bit of spring rain), and I even heard a robin chirping away on Saturday morning. I was sure that spring was here for good. Unfortunately this morning things are white again, it snowed, and the high for the day is only -5 or so. Sigh. Not that spring is a nice time of year around here, everything is so brown and filthy when the snow goes away, and it stays like that for a long time.

So, anyone wanna buy a house? We had 3 real estate agents through to look at the place yesterday, and I'm still stunned by what they said. The first guy walked through, looked around, talked to us about what else is for sale in the neighbourhood, and then recommended that we list the house anywhere from $215,000 - 230,000. I was stunned and to be honest I thought he was crazy. When he left I told Ian that the next guy would never tell us that much. But he did, and the third guy, who was by far the best and most thorough, told us even more, 224,000 - 245,000. I just couldn't believe it, I still can't. All three of them are pretty sure that if we list the house at the right price, we could sell it in a week and get more than we ask. This house needs a whole lot of work, and it just blows me away that in this market it is worth over 200 thousand dollars. I don't even want to think about what it would be worth if we had been able to put more work into it over the last couple of years.

Ugh. I just fainted again, though this time I managed to get to the couch before passing out. I think I'm going to go lay down for while, hopefully Mary will be content to watch tv and organize her books.

No comments: