Well, Anne has decreed that she would like me to do this musical meme. Basically, you pick five songs and their artists that you are currently into, regardless of the genre. Really, I am quite boring now, I rarely listen to anything new anymore. Sigh. Well, here it goes.
1. "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers. I really really like these guys, I got their CD while in Saskatchewan at a discount record shop, and much to Sweet Baboo's dismay, I have been listening to little else in the car every since. I know it seems to go from the land of no taxes to the land of many taxes to buy a CD, but I am a socialist at heart, and I enjoy paying taxes.
2. "Wheatkings" by The Tragically Hip (and anything else by them, to be honest). I love anything by the Hip, and I always have. This is one of my favorites, and I will always love it, especially cause it is about Saskatchewan and the David Millgard case (which I grew up hearing about). Anyways, I will always love love love the Hip, for ever and ever.
3. "Joshua Giraffe" by Raffi. Give me a break, I live with a baby. Besides, Joshua is a real classic. Where else can you sing along with lines like this..."Nothing can go wrong-o, I'm in the Congo"?
4. "I'm Afraid of Americans" by David Bowie and Trent Reznor. Yes, my friend, as are we all...(I also love anything by Mr. Bowie. He is the musical father of my daughter, who was conceived after his concert last April. David Bowie is so virile that he can impregnate a woman just by singing.)
5. "A Design for Life" By Manic Street Preachers. I came across these guys when I was in England in 1997. One of my friends over there told me that they were the "next big thing." Unfortunately, if they are, it didn't happen in North America, which is too bad, cause I really like them a lot. I haven't bought any of their CD's, primarily cause they are very very hard to find, and when you can find them, they are ridiculous expensive. No matter how much I like them, I just cannot justify spending thirty bucks on a CD.
There you have it. Apparently I am supposed to tag 5 other people who I would like to do the same thing, but I'm not gonna. I hate doing that. If anyone out there wants to do the same thing though, they are more than welcome too!