Sunday, August 28, 2005

We have a tooth!

Yes, you read right, there is finally a tooth poking through Miss Mary's gums! You cannot imagine how happy this makes me...all I needed was proof that there was a reason for her misery, and there it is. It's actually the tiniest tip of a tooth, hardly visible to naked eye yet, but it's there.

You know, I really feel like I'm getting old. Yesterday Mary and I went to the waterpark for Shani's birthday. I went on one, one waterslide, and damaged my neck so badly that I can only look straight ahead now. I suspect that I damaged myself because I was terrified, and moving far too fast. I spent much of the slide straining to sit up so I could slow myself down. Sigh. At one point in my life I used to love fast rides and waterslides. Now it seems that the older I get, the more things frighten me. By time I am 40, I will be locked in my basement with a surgical mask and latex gloves.

3 comments:

Goody said...

At last! Now you have to coax her mouth open for photographs.

The way the world is today, hiding in the basement might be a sound decision.

Sorry about your neck.

Anne R. Key said...

I can just tell, at my advanced age of 40, that I am going to end up being one of those anti-social whacko old ladies that only sees certain people and yells at others on the street from the relative security of my kitchen window. All the little kids in the neighbourhood will be simultaneously afraid and derisive of me.

Have I mentioned how much I like Mary's melon?

Raven said...

Yay for the tooth!!!
Now we just have to wait for all the trest of them to come through (sigh).